Saturday 14 January 2012

Sweet Bread

So, I decided to try some more baking today! Last weekend and the weekend before I made some Meloui bread following a recipe I found online.


It turned out quite nice (although I'm sure it was not the same as the real stuff I had when I lived in Morocco). We had some with honey on and also some with our dinner. It tends to go hard quite quickly though so you can't keep it too long. It softens if you heat it a little though. Here's a picture:




It took me quite a long time to make as well but it was very therapeutic, kneading the bread and all.


Anyway, today I have spent most of the day it seems baking Mallorca bread, or sweet bread, as it's known in Puerto Rico. I didn't actually have any while I was there I don't think, so I'm not 100% sure what it's meant to taste like. However, I found another recipe online and had a go, here's how it turned out:




It didn't really taste anything like the one I had in Puerto Rico (according to my husband we did actually have some while we were there! I remember it now but I didn't realise it was the same thing). However, it was pretty nice and my hubby loved it and so did my friend (just took her some and to my hubby who was studying for exams in the library) so that's good. It seems a bit heavy to me and perhaps not 100% cooked, maybe i should have left it in longer... it's nice warmed up though.


Ok time for bed! Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment