Then I remembered the chocolate mousse cake I made a while ago and after looking through various websites decided this would be the best way to use the cream. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the process as I was trying to get it done quickly (no time for pretty cakes with a 9 month old!) but I got some of the end result and I hope my description is clear to follow for anyone who wants to try it, it's really quite a simple recipe.
1. Whip 600ml of double cream and refrigerate. Keep a little aside in another bowl.
3. Put a large tablespoon of sugar (I used soft dark brown cos I love it), a large tablespoon of golden syrup and a tablespoon of water in a saucepan and heat until large bubbles form.
4. Add boiling sugar mixture carefully to eggs mixture and whip to mix.
5. Melt 150g of plain or milk (I used a mixture) chocolate and mix into egg-sugar mixture.
6. Add chocolate mixture to whipped cream and mix together.
7. Spoon into glasses, add whipped cream and chocolate powder/sprinkles/similar to decorate.
8. Refrigerate for a few hours, then enjoy!!
As you can see in the picture I used rather large glasses as I didn't have any others! Next time I will probably use shot glasses or something of a similar size as it's rather rich, it would probably be good as an accompaniment rather than a desert by itself.