Tuesday 11 September 2012

Baby Wearing and Back Ache!

Woohoo I came home today (after a particularly long and once again frustratingly unproductive day I should add) to find two parcels waiting for me. Actually 3, but this post is about the other two.

The first to be opened was my widgey nursing pillow. Obv I don't need it for breastfeeding yet but I thought I'd get it early as it can also be used as a back support and sleep support. For some reason I've been getting really bad back ache for the past month or so, which is also why I decided to get a swiss ball to sit on at work as I can't sit on a normal chair without becoming extremely uncomfortable very quickly =(

Still hurts on the ball but not as much cos I can move around and change position more and encourages me to have a good posture. Plus it's fun to bounce on!

So, I will let you know whether the widgey pillow helps once I've tried it out. I briefly put it round my back when I opened it and leant back against a wall and it felt very comfortable so I'm hoping it will at least give me a bit of relief from this incessant back/side ache. Alhamdulillah I also have a very loving and patient husband who has been giving me frequent massages!




I bought the pillow for £16 off eBay. Opened but unused. Good deal cos normally they're £29. If they weren't so much I'd but one for work too! But trying to save money for baby cos I know how much I'm gonna need every penny once I go onto maternity pay . . .=S

So, the second thing was a lovely woven sling from b2boutique. I chose this one because it was the cheapest woven one I could find (wanted woven cos app they're the most versatile) that also looked pretty. It's called Indian Summer by Lenny Lamb. It came in a canvas pouch with a complimentary fair trade white chocolate bar, nice touch! I shall take that with my to have with my coffee at work tomorrow!



I tried it on and it's way too big. Well I did order large but since all the sizes were the same price I thought I may as well get some extra material that I can trim off and use to make a cushion cover! Does give me a bit of sewing to do but I don't mind that, or I could take it down the road to our local, very reasonably priced tailor (Kani's Sewing Room'). The material is not quite as soft as I thought it would be, I was expecting it to be more like a scarf or shawl than cushion covering type material, but I guess it does have to be strong enough to carry a baby (up to 3 or 4 years old according to the website) plus I'm sure it will get softer with wear and washing.

The colours are also different from the picture on the website, not quite as bright. However, this is not a bad thing, I also think it seems less girly than I thought when I ordered it, which is good cos we don't know whether we'll need girly stuff of not yet. I think it's definetly unisex, as far as the baby's gender goes, though I'm not sure my husband will be wearing it. Think I might order him a plain black one.

Well, I can't wait to try it!! But I have no baby to try it with yet, so I shall have to either borrow a friend's baby or go to one of those baby wearing meet ups where they have special weighted dolls. Oo or maybe I can ask my midwife, have an appointment on friday =).

In the meantime, I am very happy with my purchases for now and on that note I really should head off to bed as I have to get up extra early for work tomorrow to make up for my lack pf productivity today . . . . =S

Goodnight!

p.s. b2boutique also sent me some cards with discount codes to encourage me to buy more baby stuff! Not sure I'm going to be using them so if you ask nicely I might let you have one.... just leave me a comment below =)


No comments:

Post a Comment