Friday 14 September 2012

Samba, Salsa and Dragonfly Wings!

Had a fun day at work today (I say today but I only just got round to writing this now, it was actually two weeks ago, which is when I started writing this)! Well, didn't get much planning done for next week but trying not to think about that right now!

We had a carnival day for the new students to get them to have some fun and get to know each other so they had four sessions throughtout the day - samba drumming, dancing, circus skills and costume making. Hannah asked me to help out with the costume making cos she knows I like art and crafts, it was great, I got to know students outside my tutor group, try my hand at teaching art instead of geography for once, and tried making my own costume. I decided upon some dragon fly wings, which I gave to Caren in the end after she asked me if she could have them to wear for her 50th, I was very flattered she liked them so much! And they looked lovely on her. Have to say she doesn't look anywhere near 50 either. So overall the costume making was a great success, saw some of the students really working well together. Only problem was I didn't get much of my own work done, planning lessons etc, so I had to stay late to make up for it, but I didn't mind.



Anyway, at the end of the day we gave out prizes to the students and had a carnival party where they got to show off their skills and costumes! Well, we would have, if they hadn't all disappeared after 5 minutes! Typical students! Oh well, us teachers had fun dancing and eating all the snacks! It was a fun day and I think the students did enjoy it a lot even if they wanted to leave early, I guess it was pretty tiring too! But hopefully we've made a good impression on them and made them glad they chose our 6th form!

No comments:

Post a Comment